"My one-on-one lesson with Girish provided a massive uplift to my photography skills both in terms on getting the most out of my camera and indeed composing more interesting images. The difference in the end result is striking".
Tarun Kataria, venture capitalist and "African safari addict" as quoted in Conde Nast Travel India
Book a One on One photography workshop with Girish Menon and learn photography at home in your free time!
Photography adds an exciting new dimension to life. Learn to click beautiful photographs from family portraits to birthday parties, weddings & festivals. And travel photos from hilltops & wildlife sanctuaries to monuments and beaches.
The one-on-one photography workshop package consists of 2 sessions as follows:
- 4-hour session that covers the basics of using a camera in the manual-more
- 2-hour follow-up session (we can do this session over video chat if you have a busy work/travel schedule)
The topics include (but are not restricted to):
- Use your camera in the MANUAL MODE instead of AUTOMATIC and SEMI-AUTOMATIC MODES.
- Set the FOCUS to ensure that your pictures are always SHARP, even in LOW LIGHT.
- Set the ISO, APERTURE and SHUTTER SPEED (exposure) to give you the best results.
- Choose a relevant DEPTH OF FIELD (out of focus background).
- Set the appropriate METERING MODE, WHITE BALANCE and TONALITY etc.
- COMPOSE powerful photographs, and more.
- Understand image formats such as JPG, RAW, TIFF, RAW+JPG etc.
- Introduction to PHOTO EDITING.
- EDIT and EXPORT photos for social media and printing.
Please email, or call me on +91 98204 24070 to book your one-on-one photography workshop.
More about the Master Your DSLR Camera F.A.S.T. photography workshop
You see a person, animal/bird, or landscape etc. and think to yourself, “this will make a great picture!”
So you pick up your DSLR, mirrorless, or bridge camera, point towards the subject — and shoot. But you are not satisfied with the result. Your picture is either too dark (underexposed), too bright (overexposed), out of focus, or shaky etc.
You abandon your fancy camera and go back to clicking photos with your smartphone.
Has this ever happened to you?
We make pictures in our mind before we make them in the camera. Wouldn't it be great if our camera could read our mind and replicate the images in it? It cannot — yet.
But we can learn how to re-create the images in our mind with a camera. We can learn how to use the camera in the Manual-mode — and that's what this workshop is about.
The manual-mode gives us complete mastery over our camera. So no more underexposed, overexposed, out of focus, and shaky photos!
Have you ever thought to yourself, "I'd like my subject to be sharp, but the background should be out of focus"? That's depth of field — which according to me is the most important facet of photography. You will learn how to do this.
We follow an all-practical approach. So throughout the day, you will be using your camera, making pictures and seeing results.